Thursday, November 25, 2010

Garlic Artichoke Spread

This recipe comes from a book called "The Garlic Lovers' Cookbook Volume II." It was created for the City of Gilroy, the 'Garlic Capital of the World,' and their annual Festival. Personally I love Garlic, and I couldn't wait to get this book on Paperbackswap. I made this as an appetizer for Thanksgiving, and it was delicious! I tweeked the original recipe to be put on top of bread.

Garlic Artichoke Spread
  • 3 cloves fresh garlic
  • 2 cans (approx 10 oz each) quartered artichoke hearts, drained.
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup real mayonnaise (I used a little less, to make it stay on the bread)
  • Juice of 1 lemon 
  • Dash of Tobasco
  • A couple of twists of pepper mill
  • baguette
  1. In a food processor with metal blade, chop garlic and artichoke hearts until medium fine. (I don't have a food processor handy, so I just used a good ol' knife and cutting board and cut them up.)
  2. Place in a bowl, and add remaining ingredients, excluding baguette. Mix thoroughly. 
  3. Slice up baguette, and toast in the oven. Put oven temp to 350 degrees. Scoop up spread and put on the toasted baguette slices. Put in the oven, and cook until mixture starts to melt/turn golden brown on the top. Check after 10 minutes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment