Thursday, February 24, 2011

Seashell Mosaic Picture Frames

I'm decorating the guest bathroom in the new house that we just moved into, and I wanted to go with a beachy-ocean theme. My mom had given me two wooden picture frames from Michael's craft store, and I thought they would go great in the bathroom with an ocean themed picture.

Seashell Mosaic Picture Frames
Materials
  • 2 wooden picture frames, size and shape doesn't matter.
  • 3 different colors of paint. (I used 3 types of blue)
  • Paint brush
  • Glue (all purpose works just fine)
  • Crushed seashells (can be found at your local craft store).
Paint the picture frames how you would like. I used all 3 paints interchangeably; and blended them together where they met. When they are dry, glue pieces of the shell to the frame. It doesn't matter how you do it, close together or far apart, its up to you. This part takes a little bit of time. When you are finished, your project is done. You could spray gloss on the frame to finish, but I am going to leave them without gloss because the shells are shiny enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment