Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Crunchy Garbanzo Beans

Louise, I'm addicted. Its true, these little morsels are soo good. I eat them like popcorn, hot and right out of the oven. They aren't the fastest snack, but definitely worth the wait. Any seasoning is fine- I used Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning until I ran out, and then started using seasoning salt with a dash of garlic. Some things I noticed- Don't use a glass dish to cook these in, because they won't get crispy. Base your cooking time on how crispy you want them; less time equals less crispy. I've dropped using an actual baking sheet; I just put a sort of boxed aluminum foil in the oven and pour the beans onto it. Oh and check out where I originally found this recipe: Basil Development.

Crunchy Garbanzo Beans
1 can of Garbanzo Beans
Approx. 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
Seasoning to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Open and Rinse Garbanzo Beans. In a bowl, combine Beans, Olive oil, and Seasoning; mix together. Dump the beans onto an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Shake some seasoning on the top for good measure. Make sure the beans aren't all bunched up and are spread out, and put into the oven. After 15 minutes, mix the beans so they cook evenly (not sure if this does much, but it at least gives me a chance to see how they're doing) and put back into oven. Should be ready after another 15 minutes, for a total of 30. Can leave in longer for added crunch. When done, take out and put into a wide mouth bowl, so the steam can escape. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment